Monday 14 November 2011

Elvis isn't dead...

Hello Strangers,

It is crazy to think that this time last year I was enduring the long bus journey from Oxford to London and then an hour long underground trek - enjoying an internship at French Connection!It was an interesting experience but it already feels like it was a million years ago. What I really enjoyed was being able to help out with print a bead work. It is very strange to see some of the pieces I helped with sitting in the shops waiting to be bought. Gives me a little skip in my step when I see an advert for a garment I saw at it's beginnings. It was a fantastic experience and I really enjoyed it! Thank you to the people who helped me get it and who taught me a great deal about what the industry is like.

Anyway the reason I rave about some of the garments is because I have recently purchased one. It was in the sale but £325 reduced to £150 I think is still fair :). It is the Broiderie Brogue dress in cream leather with a laser cut pattern. I can tell you the silly thing I get excited about is I remember photocopying the pattern and trying to make it match at the seams and also drawing the pattern on to a working drawing. Silly but it gives me a little thrill.I did have an occasion to splash the cash and get such a statement piece - it wasn't just for wearing round the house! It was Mr FF's Grandparent's 50th Wedding Anniversary at the end of September = A big deal! A lot of his relatives were there, some travelled from Italy and America to come and celebrate. It was lots of fun with a five course lunch and a Dean Martin impersonator serenading us all and in the evening there was a hog roast and an Elvis impersonator. It was so much fun!! I have added some pictures in this post so you can see mine and Mr FF's outfits and some of the crazy shenanigans!
Mr FF and I
Mr FF and I with Mr FF's Bro and GirlfriendThe Grandparents = awwwAnd a rather close call with Elvis!

Anyway speak soon!!
Fashion Fantasist xx

(Thank you David D'Elia for the event photographs)

1 comment:

  1. Add this wholesale clothing shopping mall to your own shopping list because of it's high quality & fine fabric w/ a reasonable price! Visit & get acquainted with the latest trends in clothing and also check the hottest celebrity fashion and style. Updating w/ new product design everyday! http://www.vonstyle.net/

    ReplyDelete