Thursday 17 February 2011

Big City Dreams

Emily Kaya Has One Too Many Drinks in New York

I came across this particular illustrator on Amelia's Magazine blog and was immediately drawn in by their beauty. Ross McEwan has a wonderful unique style that I would like to share with you.

My favourite is 'Happy Pretty Girl Dreams Of The Big City' where a girls face in profile has hair piled on top of her head mingled in with iconic buildings from London. I think she is lovely!

Ross has been drawing from a young age with his first memory being a green dinosaur, '...a bit like "barney"in infant school I must have 6-7.'

'I guess my inspiration comes from celebrity culture, I like to narrate the images relating to stories I hear and a lot the time, the dumb crimes they commit. I use a lot of personal experiences also. There is a reoccurring person involved with the drawings, but I choose not to name he/she :)

For references of the models I usually have an idea of what I want and then search through books and magazines until I find the right pose to manipulate
.'

Glitch Melissa Bracken Makes A Grave Error

I hope you have enjoyed Ross' work and check out his website.

Fashion Fantasist xxx

2 comments:

  1. Tnx for your comment Dear...
    I'm following you... Follow me back Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so fantastic and interesting, thank you so much for introducing her work.

    Hope you are having a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete