Wednesday 29 September 2010

Mary Katrantzou SS11

Back to the delights of London Fashion Week... Did I mention I am a novice!?

Well going in and out of the Newgen huts I got to see Mary Katrantzou's collection up close and personal. I think I fell in love a little bit. The colours, the detail, the photographic quality of the prints. For me personally it was perfection!
(This dress is called Serendipity and I think it's my Favorite!)

The inspiration was interiors and each print was made up of different rooms - dining rooms, foyers, sitting rooms, patios - it was lovely to see symmetrical details like flowers and chairs. The prints came first but with the pattern cutting interior objects just lent themselves to the silhouette - lamps, curtain drapes, fringes and pelmets. I really like the whimsy of the lampshade skirts there is something innocent and playful about it. Chandelier necklaces and fringes of beads also added a very literal touch that just made it strangely elegant.As you can probably tell I could probably rave about this collection for ever - if I could have put something on and run away in it I think I would have given it a go... And not just the one thing... Gabby in Desperate Housewives style... (Watch clip to understand the reference!) Unfortunately I didn't go to the show but here are some pictures from Style.com.Speak Soon!
Fashion Fantasist xx

No comments:

Post a Comment